Honey Hunting in Nepal- Honey hunting, tour it means to collect the wild honey from the hive hanging on a rock. Honey Hunting in Nepal is age- old tradition in the mountains of Nepal. Even though it is the tradition to the local people, it could be a well worth adventure to the outside worlds. The hives are in the rock approximately 300-400 meters from the ground by the indigenous bees. The locals celebrate the honey hunting as a festival by offering flowers, grains and sheep to the God before hunting. They hunt the honey twice (spring and in autumn) in a year. The leader of the hunter drop down from the top of the rock by the bamboo ropes ladder while others help him to collect the honey, relay the basket and hold a rope correctly. While one going to enjoy with the honey hunting they can enjoy with the Nepal’s natural, cultural beauty and Himalayan view at the same time. You have to be booked in advance to grab this opportunity.
Itinerary – Honey Hunting in Nepal
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Preparation for trekking.
Day 03: KTM – Besishar – Baglungpani
Day 04: Baglungpani – Bhujung
Day 05: Bhujung rest and observe the Gurung culture.
Day 06: Bhujung to Taku Bhir
Day 07: Taku Bhir rest
Day 08: Prepare for honey hunting.
Day 09: Honey hunting.
Day 10: Trek to Bhujung.
Day 11: Trek to Khudi
Day 12: Drive to Kathmandu.
Day 13: Kathmandu rest.
Day 14: Final departure.
Our Tour Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* Accommodation with breakfast at Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with hot water, tea & coffee during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters(1 porter for 2 persons) if necessary, their food &
accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Langtang National Park permit.
* All necessary permits.
* Tourist service charge, Vat.
* Office Service charge.
* All Goverment Tax.
Our Tour Package doesn’t include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver…