A classic Everest Base Camp Tour begins in Lhasa where you will spend minimum 3 days, touring its highlights and at the same time getting properly acclimatized. You will visit the Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces of Dalai Lama, visit two major Gelugpa Monasteries-Sera and Drepung, visit the ancient Jorkhang Temple and stroll in the traditional pilgrimage path of the Barkhor Bazaar. From Lhasa, head out west on the Tibet-Nepal Friendship Highway, the southern one. On leaving Lhasa behind, you will climb Kamba La pass from where you will enjoy the fantastic views of the Himalayas and for the first time see the beautiful Yamdrok Tso Lake several hundred feet below. The road drops gradually and follows the bank of the Lake. Yamdrok Tso is one of the sacred Lake of Tibet and a great destination! Leaving the lake behind, again climb Karo La (16, 500ft) where awaits again the views of majestic Bhutanese, Nepali and Tibetan Himalayas. You will stop in two major Tibetan cities Gyantse and Shigatse and visit their monasteries. The road runs on the High Tibetan Plateau parallel to the Himalayas and after few kilometers from Xegar, you will leave the Friendship Highway for Rongbuk Monastery and Everest Base Camp. The road climbs to Pang La ( (5, 120m). From the top of the pass, you have stupendous views of the Himalayas-including Makalu, Lhotse, Everest, Gyachung and Cho Oyu. From Rongbuk, Everest Base Camp is merely an hour hike or you can opt for a horse cart ride. After a night halt in Rongbuk, retrace drive to the Friendship Highway and continue west towards Nepal. You have still quite a few high passes to conquer. The passes are sacred places for Tibetan people where they stop and offer khada, cotton scarves and lungta, prayer flags. You will have stopovers in Tingri and Zhangmu, before you make to Kathmandu.
Tibet Everest Base Camp – Nepal Tour
Duration: 11 Days
Places: Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Shegar, Ronmgbuk Monastery, Everest Base Camp, Tingri-Zhangmu, Kathmandu
Highlights: Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal
- Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces, Drepung -the largest and most powerful of the Gelug monasteries, Sera-one of the largest monasteries of Tibet, ancient Jorkhang Temple and Barkhor Street in old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa.
- Spectacular views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau from Kamba La (15,700ft) and Karo La passes (16,500 ft).
- Yamdrok Tso-the turquoise green water lake.
- Kumbum Stupa and Pelkore Chode Monastery in Gyantse.
- Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery at Shigatse.
- Rongbuk Monastery-the center of religious activities of Everest region.
- Everest Base Camp North Face with unobstructed views of Mount Everest and other majestic peaks.
- Highest passes (Gyatso La, 5 220m), Lablung La (5, 124m) and Tong La (5, 120m) with great views.
- Tibetan villages.
Itinerary: Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 01): Flight to Lhasa (Alt 3,595m/11,792ft) (B)
Arrival in Gonkar Airport of Lhasa. You are met and greeted by our representative and drive to Lhasa City (60miles, 2 ½ hrs). Check in hotel and take rest for the acclimatization. Accommodation in middle range Dhod Gu Hotel or similar.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 02): At Lhasa (B)
Full day sightseeing of Lhasa, visiting Potala Palace-probably the principal target of most of the visitors, Sera Monastery-the last of the three Yellow Sect monasteries to be built in Lhasa and the tour concludes in Norbulinka- the summer palace of the Dalai Lama. Accommodation in the middle range Dhud Gu or similar.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 03): At Lhasa (B)
Today, you will visit Drepung Monastery-the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet, the ancient Jorkhang Temple in the old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the Jorkhang Temple.
Accommodation in the middle range Dhud Gu or similar.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 04): Lhasa-Gyantse (13467ft, 176miles, 6 ½ hrs). (B)
Drive to Gyantse-the least Chinese influenced city along the highway. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Kamba La (15,700 ft) and Karo La (16,500ft) and the follows the bank of Yamdrok Tso lake for more than 40 miles. Check in hotel and take rest for the day. Accommodation in Gyantse Hotel of the top end.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 05): Gyantse-Shigatse (12,785ft, 57miles, 2 ½ hrs) (B)
Visit the highlights of Gyantse such as Pelkor Chode Monastery and Kumbum Stupa. From the stupa, take rickshaw ride back to the parking and drive back to the hotel. Collect your luggage and set out for Shigatse. Check in hotel and after refreshment, visit the famous Tashilunbo Monastery-the principal seat of Panchen Lama-the second most venerated religious leader of Tibet. Accommodation in Shigatse hotel of the top end.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 06): Shigatse-Shegar (4050m/13500ft, 182km/121miles, 5 hrs) (B )
Drive to Shegar, also known as New Tingri. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Tropu La ( 16,236 ft) and Gyatso La (17,122 ft). Check in hotel and take rest for a while. Later visit the ruins of historic Shegar Dzong, once the capital of Tingri region. If time permits, visit Shegar Chode Monastery, which is a small Gelugpa institution. Accommodation in Qomolongma Hotel of the top end.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 07): Xegar- Dza Rongbuk Monastery. (4980m/16,600ft, 63km/42miles, 2hrs) (B)
Drive from Xegar to Dza Rongbuk Monastery in the morning. The journey involves driving over Pang La (5120m/16,794 ft) that rewards you with the views of several 8 thousanders like Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. The journey mostly goes through dirt road, passing through several picturesque villages. Upon arrival, check in a guesthouse or monastery accommodation and after refreshment; take an hour walk trek to the Everest Base Camp (5200m/17,333ft). The driver will pick you up at the basecamp and drive you back to Rongbuk monastery.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 08): Rongbuk-Tingri (151km, 4 ½ hrs) (B)
Retrace drive to the Friendship Highway and drive to Tingri, a small Tibetan town. Check in guesthouse and take chance for Tingri Dzong Hike or visit the hot springs.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 09): Tingri to Zhangmu. (193km, 6 hrs) (B)
Continue driving along the Friendship Highway. You will cross two high passes Lablung La ( 5, 124m) and Tong La ( 5, 120m) and have the last views of Mount Everest, Sishapangma and Cho Oyu. Then the road drops to Nyalam-the last Tibetan town where you may stop for some refreshment. The road drops sharply along the bank of a river. Upon arrival in Zhangmu-the last Chinese frontier town, check in hotel and take rest.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 10): Zhangmu-Kathmandu (142km/95miles, 6-7hrs) (B)
After breakfast at your hotel, queue up in Chinese immigration and customs for the last border formalities. From here, Nepal border is about 20 minutes drive down hill. At the Friendship Bridge, see of Tibetan Guide and driver and continue to Kathmandu with the Nepali counterpart. Check in hotel.
Tibet Land Cruiser Tour to Everest Nepal (Day 11): Departure (B)
Transfer to airport for flight to your next destination.Land cost will be charged in USD Per Person and it covers the services mentioned below, for price please, Coming soon.please mention the standard of hotel which you want to use.
Kathmandu-Lhasa flight operates Tue,Thu,Sat, Sun | Lhasa-Chengdu flight operates everyday
Air fares (Subject to Change) : Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu
Cost Include, Exclude & Visa/Passport
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in star standards Hotel in Tibet & Nepal.
- Daily breakfast in the hotel in Tibet and Nepal.
- All ground transfers and sightseeing by Private Carin Tibet and Nepal.
- English speaking local guides.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Tibet Permit,Tibet Visa.
- Meals other than indicated.
- Nepal Visa $25 each.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
- All Lunches and dinners.
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events such as flight delay, cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, civil unrest etc.
- Emergency medical transportation.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fares.
- International fares are quoted separately.
Passport, Visa and Permits
- Tibet visa and tibet travel permit also pre process by us with your passport copies and china visa copie. If you are going to Tibet from Nepal, chinese visa must be issued from Nepal. if you plan to enter china from your home please get china visa from your country.
- Nepal visa is up on arrival at border you need to have 2 passport size photographs,visa fee is $25 per person.
- Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.