The Tour of Lhasa first we take flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa Airport. from the aircraft we can see the nice Scenery about Nepalese high Mountain view. Our Begins at Lhasa Tibet. Visit the highlights, Explore the highest Palace, Potala and the summer Palace, Norbulinka of the Dalai Lamas, visit the Gelugpa secret monasteries, Sera monastry and Drepung Monastry. Explore the Barkor Street which is the busiest bazaar in Tibet, you will have opportunity to learn how Tibetan market goes on. Jokhang Temple situated at the middle of The Barkor Street will also surprize you. Leaving Lhasa, your next destination will be Gyantse. En route you will be crossing the Kampala Pass from where you will gaze spectacular Scorpion shaped Yamdrok Lake which is hundreds of feet underneath you. Yamdrok Lake is one of the sacred lakes in Tibet. Leaving the lake behind you will again cross the Karola Pass; from there you will have the majestic view of Bhutanese, Nepali and Tibetan Himalayas. Kumbum and Pelku Chode is the highlights of Gyantse and Tashilunpo Monastery of Shigatse. During you next stop you will not regret of not visiting the Everest base camp as en route you will have chance to view the Mt. Everest. Shegar and Tingri is next two stops before leaving to Nepal.
Duration: 8 Days
Places to visit: Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Shegar, Zhangmu
- Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces, Drepung -the largest and most powerful of the Gelug monasteries, Sera-one of the largest monasteries of Tibet, ancient Jorkhang Temple and Barkhor Street in old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa.
- Spectacular views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau from Kamba La (15,700ft) and Karo La passes (16,500 ft).
- Yamdrok Tso-the turquoise green water lake.
- Kumbum Stupa and Pelkore Chode Monastery in Gyantse.
- Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery at Shigatse.
- Mount Everest and other majestic peaks.
- Highest passes (Gyatso La, 5 220m), Lablung La (5, 124m) and Tong La (5, 120m) with great views.
- Tibetan villages.
Day 01: Flight to Lhasa (Alt 3,595m/11,792ft) (B)
Arrival in Gonkar Airport of Lhasa. You are met and greeted by our representative and drive to Lhasa City (60miles, 1 ½ hrs). Check in hotel and take rest for the acclimatization.
Day 02: At Lhasa (B)
Full day sightseeing of Lhasa, visiting Potala Palace of Dalai Lama, the ancient Jorkhang Temple in the old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the Jorkhang Temple.
Day 03: At Lhasa (B)
Today, you will visit Drepung Monastery-the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet and the Sera Monastery-the last of the three Yellow Sect monasteries to be built in Lhasa. We will also attend the debating session of the monks.
Day 04: Lhasa-Gyantse (13467ft, 176miles, 6 ½ hrs). (B)
Drive to Gyantse-the third largest city of Tibet, largely Tibetan in character.The journey involves crossing of two high passes Kamba La (15,700 ft) and Karo La (16,500ft) and the follows the bank of beautiful Yamdrok Tso Lake for more than 40 miles. Check in hotel and take rest for the day.
Day 05: Gyantse-Shigatse (12,785ft, 57miles, 2 ½ hrs) (B)
In the morning, visit the highlights of Gyantse such as Pelkor Chode Monastery and Kumbum Stupa-probably the landmark of Gyantse. Afternoon, drive to Shigatse-the second largest city of Tibet, previously the headquarter of Tsang region. About 20 km (12.5 miles) before Shigatse, we take Shalu Monastery turn off to visit the Shalu Monastery. At Shigatse, we visit Tashilunbo Monastery-the principal seat of Panchen Lama-the second most venerated religious leader of Tibet, after Dalai Lama. Time permitting, visit Shigatse’s free market.
Day 06: Shigatse-Shegar (4050m/13500ft, 182km/121miles, 5 hrs) (B )
Drive to Shegar, also known as New Tingri. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Tropu La ( 16,236 ft) and Gyatso La (17,122 ft). Check in hotel and take rest for a while. Later visit the ruins of historic Shegar Dzong, once the capital of Tingri region. If time permits, visit Shegar Chode Monastery, which is a small Gelugpa institution.
Day 07: Shegar- Tingri-Zhangmu (B)
Continue driving along the Friendship Highway. The road drops to Nyalam-the last Tibetan town where you may stop for some refreshment. The road drops sharply along the bank of a river. Upon arrival in Zhangmu-the last Chinese frontier town, check in hotel and take rest.
Day 08: Zhangmu-Kathmandu (142km/95miles, 6-7hrs) (B/D)
After breakfast at your hotel, we walk through Chinese immigration and customs and drive 20 minutes down to the friendship bridge. At the Friendship Bridge, see off the Tibetan Guide.
If you have booked Nepal tour also, then our Nepali guide will meet you at the Friendship Bridge.Land cost will be charged in USD Per Person and it covers the services mentioned below, for price please ask now please mention the standard of hotel which you want to use.
Kathmandu-Lhasa flight operates Tue,Thu,Sat, Sun | Lhasa-Chengdu flight operates everyday
Air fares (Subject to Change) : Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu
Cost Include, Exclude & Visa/Passport
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in star standards Hotel in Tibet & Nepal.
- Daily breakfast in the hotel in Tibet and Nepal.
- All ground transfers and sightseeing by Private Carin Tibet and Nepal.
- English speaking local guides.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Tibet Permit,Tibet Visa.
- Meals other than indicated.
- Nepal Visa $25 each.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
- All Lunches and dinners.
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events such as flight delay, cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, civil unrest etc.
- Emergency medical transportation.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fares.
- International fares are quoted separately.
Passport, Visa and Permits
- Tibet visa and tibet travel permit also pre process by us with your passport copies and china visa copie. If you are going to Tibet from Nepal, chinese visa must be issued from Nepal. if you plan to enter china from your home please get china visa from your country.
- Nepal visa is up on arrival at border you need to have 2 passport size photographs,visa fee is $25 per person.
- Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.